Dr. Chang - Fairfax Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Chang began his education at Harvard University where he graduated with Honors and then attended medical school at New York University. There he worked at the renowned Institute for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery under the direction of Dr. Joseph G. McCarthy, a pioneer in American plastic surgery. After numerous awards, he was accepted to the 6-year integrated general and plastic surgery residency program at Yale-New Haven Hospital under the guidance of Dr. John A. Persing. He subsequently completed a fellowship in craniofacial surgery for adults and children at the Johns Hopkins Hospital /University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center.
His practice specializes in cosmetic and craniofacial surgery.
Dr. Chang has worked in pioneering medical science throughout his career at leading institutions, including the National Naval Medical Center, National Institutes of Health, Harvard Medical School, Boston Children’s Hospital, and the NYU Plastic Surgery Laboratory for Microvascular Tissue Engineering. He is committed to providing the highest level of care with the most up-to-date techniques and advances in plastic surgery.
He has co-authored over 80 peer-reviewed articles, abstracts, and book chapters, and has presented at regional, national and international meetings in plastic surgery, including the national meetings of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, and the American Cleft Lip and Palate Association. Dr. Chang is a native of the Washington, D.C. area and resides in Bethesda with his wife and two children.
- AB, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Honors in Biological Sciences
- Kirkland Student Fellowship – Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Ann and Warren Wacker Public Service Award
- Harvard College Fund Scholarship Award
- MD, New York University, New York, NY
- Honors in Cell Biology
- Glover C. Arnold Surgical Award for Excellence in Surgery
- Internship – Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine
- Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency – Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine
- Craniofacial Fellowship – Johns Hopkins Hospital/University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center
- INOVA Fairfax Hospital
- Suburban Hospital of Johns Hopkins
- Sibley Hospital of Johns Hopkins
- INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital
- INOVA Loudoun Hospital
- INOVA Alexandria Hospital
Learn more about Dr. Chang here: www.drchristopherchang.com